Re: [LUG] Home repositories

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 11:33 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:

> Yup. I have a local copy of dapper, edgy, feisty, gutsy and hardy
> repositories for i386 and AMD64 architectures. Each one clocks up about 17G
> of space for binary only, about 35G if you want binary and source packages.
>
> I use apt-mirror to keep that up to date, which runs overnight each day.
Another subject for a demo!

Is there a page somewhere to take me step by step to understand how to
do this. I presume this is how a network with 2 or more identically set
up computers is kept up to date and therefore a basic ingredient of a
network. Or a book - as it should be obvious from my posts that I know
little about networking and await a beginner's simple set-up steps.
There may come a day when my wife and/or daughter use the same as my
laptop.

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk