Re: [LUG] Home repositories

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 11:23:59AM +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> I'm trying to install Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu onto some old PC's to see what I
> can squeeze out of them and then let them free to anyone I can dump them on.
> I've only got a flaky 512k BB and was wondering if anyone has tried setting up
> local repositories?

Yup. I have a local copy of dapper, edgy, feisty, gutsy and hardy
repositories for i386 and AMD64 architectures. Each one clocks up about 17G
of space for binary only, about 35G if you want binary and source packages.

I use apt-mirror to keep that up to date, which runs overnight each day.

Cheers,
Al.