Re: [LUG] avoiding the evil empire

Samuel Toogood wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
>> In case M$ get a share of Yahoo I was playing with google mail.
>> It seems to be the worst, slowest online mail system ever.
>> I want a free globally available online mail  - any suggestions?
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

> I use fastmail (http://www.fastmail.fm). Various service levels
> including free. For historical reasons, which I'm trying to sort out at
> the moment, my mail takes a convoluted path which includes passing
> through googlemail, and it really annoys me that the spam filter can't
> be turned off, as it means yet another place to check for false
> positives. Ah well.

That's easy for you to say.  Based on the (large) volume of email
handled by servers I look after, it's probably fair to say that at
least 98% of all email messages are spam.  If you want to pay for all
the resources involved in handling that, I'm sure you'll find someone
willing to disable filtering for you.

James