Re: [LUG] avoiding the evil empire

Tom Potts wrote:
> In case M$ get a share of Yahoo I was playing with google mail.
> It seems to be the worst, slowest online mail system ever.
> I want a free globally available online mail  - any suggestions?
> Tom te tom te tom

I use fastmail (http://www.fastmail.fm). Various service levels
including free. For historical reasons, which I'm trying to sort out at
the moment, my mail takes a convoluted path which includes passing
through googlemail, and it really annoys me that the spam filter can't
be turned off, as it means yet another place to check for false
positives. Ah well.

HTH,

Sam