Re: [LUG] eeepc filing

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:29:53 +0000
Simon Robert wrote:

> I asked which distro because some of them behave differently in
> regard to auto mounting, some do, some don't, some ask you about
> it... etc. Not because I was urging a particular distro. Although
> that said if what's happening under the bonnet is essentially the
> same then ones criteria for choosing comes down to aesthetics. I
> cannot understand people who claim look and feel are immaterial
> frivoloties. Are you saying that you'd be happy owning and driving
> any make/type/colour of vehicle of a certain engine size?

Oh no!  Not the car analogy! :D  Worse than that, I'm quite happy to
drive any make/type/colour of car regardless of engine size, which side
the steering wheel is or which side of the road I'm driving on.  It
really doesn't make much difference to me.

Back to Linux... once you overcome some of each distro's
idiosyncrasies (such as package management and distro-specific
management tools) then it does more or less come down to aesthetics.

Grant.