Re: [LUG] OT: Power Unit & PC World

Simon Robert wrote:

> Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Simon Williams wrote:

>> I am in the wrong job.
>>> They really charge that much? Wow. I think I need to put my prices up.

>>>  > If the screws don't fit there is always super glue...
>>>
>> or duct tape :)
>>
> thanks for the replys. It is 140 x 150 x 86, but I have done a lot of
> googling and think I understand what I need to do. It is ATX and I've
> ordered something that should work from novatec.

That's good, hopefully you'll be back up and running soon.  It can be a
real pain when your machine has an odd PSU.  Take the Dell Optiplex
GX270 Small Form Factor for instance, we have a few of these at work
which are now out of warranty and the power supplies are slowly dying,
it leaves perfectly useable machines rendered useless because the cost
of the custom Dell PSU is outrageously expensive.  A normal PSU would
work, just not fit.

Luckily we've had a couple of machines with leaking capacitors on the
motherboards which we're taking out of service now (Dell no longer
support this issue) so the working parts can be used as donor parts for
the new machines.

Rob