Re: [LUG] OT: Power Unit & PC World

Simon Robert wrote:
> Anyhow phone the "Tech Guys" (number given out as if they were doing
> a favour) and explain problem. "Tech Guys" don't sell parts. You have
> to have an "engineer" at £89 an hour who will install a replacement.

They really charge that much? Wow. I think I need to put my prices up.

> And does anyone know what I can replace this unit with? If someone
> could tell me what voltages etc are acceptable it'd be a great help.
 > If the screws don't fit there is always super glue...

PSU's are standard voltages/connectors. There's also a standard size,
but these small boxes keep ignoring that and making their own. My server
had that problem- I had to transplant the guts from a standard sized PSU
into the small box to get it fit in the case.

So long as the box isn't so old it uses AT, any PSU that fits should do.

Hope this helps.
Simon