Re: [LUG] Packaging operating systems

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 22:55 +0000, Neil Stone wrote:

> > PDAs are my focus so I don't do a lot of "digging" into issues with
> > phones.
> >

> Success on an iPaq running WinCE ?

That is my target - to test the WinCE part I will need to obtain a
second test iPAQ because the one I have is already running GPE via
OpenEmbedded (and I didn't make a backup of WinCE). However, the tools
for that stage already exist - the only work needed is testing and
automating. It's all nicely documented in the Familiar installation
notes as manual steps. I'm sure that someone else can do that job.

WinCE is the "userspace" method - there will also be a developer method
to install Emdebian "onto bare metal" so that WinCE doesn't have to
already exist. That needs a serial connection (the interface is via
minicom) as well as the files.

--

Neil Williams