Re: [LUG] Windows Vista

>Hi Guys
>
>I'm glad I like Apple's - Steve Jobs would fire any approach like this:

>Initially heard about this via DaringFireball... apparently literally
EVERYTHING about Vista is designed to be unintuitive, including the retail
box!!

>Direct from Microsoft's very own website- Windows Help and How-To:
>"Opening the Windows Vista box"
><http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/2e680b8d-211e-41c5-a0b
f-9ccc6d7e62a21033.mspx>

>Good grief!  Can you imagine what Steve Jobs would do to an employee who
presented him with a retail box design that required an illustrated guide in

--
>Kind regards
>Rich

I am on Microsoft's side with one, as usual damned if they do and damned if
they don't.
I worked in a technical support call centre were I was reminded daily how
silly people can be either through ignorance or stupidity. Society is
demanding the suppliers tell us how to do everything otherwise its the
supplier is to blame, a prime example:

Lady on phone, my internet connection is not working
advisor, can you tell me what the lights on the little device we sent you
are doing?
Lady, I don't know I have not taken it out of the box yet

how long will it be before a box of tissues tell us how to blow our nose!!

food for thought
Charlie