Re: [LUG] Switching from X11 to vtty

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:09:24 +0000
Thomas Arrow wrote:

> The keymap hasn't changed and yes; if I kill x and get dumped back to
> a tty I can change again.
> Thanks for trying though.

I'm sure I remember there being an option in X to prevent vty switching:

Option "DontVTSwitch"  "boolean"
This disallows the use of the  Ctrl+Alt+Fn  sequence (where  Fn refers
to one of the numbered function keys).  That sequence is normally used
to switch to another "virtual terminal" on operating  systems  that
have  this  feature.   When  this  option is enabled, that key sequence
has no special meaning and is passed to clients.  Default: off.

(from "man xorg.conf")

Grant.