Re: [LUG] 3 Mobile Broadband was Re: Interesting way of stopping your neighbours stealing your internet...

Rob Beard wrote:

> I haven't got as far as getting a Skypephone yet.  I have an old LG
> u8120 phone and 3 PAYG SIM card.  One of my dad's friends was looking
> for something smaller than a laptop which she could use the internet and
> Skype on.  I figured an Asus EeePC would probably be a good option.
>
> Have you actually got a Skypephone?
>
> I found this yesterday which might be of help:
>
> http://davestevens.co.uk/blog/2008/01/03/3-skype-phone-as-bluetooth-modem-on-ubuntu-linux/
>
> Rob

No I haven't got a Skypephone. I have a nokia 6120 classic on 3, and was
assuming the settings would be more-or-less the same. I have actually
made it work, after working on it for about half an hour sitting in the
cafe at Exeter Phoenix today while my daughter was asleep. One of my
friends does have a Skypephone, and I dare say would let me test it, but
  he's in London. We are planning to meet in about a month, if that's
any help. If you want copies of config files (the eeepc is running
xubuntu) let me know.

Cheers,

Sam