Re: [LUG] 3 Mobile Broadband was Re: Interesting way of stopping your neighbours stealing your internet...

Samuel Toogood wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> I haven't got as far as getting a Skypephone yet.  I have an old LG
>> u8120 phone and 3 PAYG SIM card.  One of my dad's friends was looking
>> for something smaller than a laptop which she could use the internet and
>> Skype on.  I figured an Asus EeePC would probably be a good option.
>>
>> Have you actually got a Skypephone?
>>
>> I found this yesterday which might be of help:
>>
>> http://davestevens.co.uk/blog/2008/01/03/3-skype-phone-as-bluetooth-modem-on-ubuntu-linux/
>>
>> Rob
>>

> No I haven't got a Skypephone. I have a nokia 6120 classic on 3, and was
> assuming the settings would be more-or-less the same. I have actually
> made it work, after working on it for about half an hour sitting in the
> cafe at Exeter Phoenix today while my daughter was asleep. One of my
> friends does have a Skypephone, and I dare say would let me test it, but
>   he's in London. We are planning to meet in about a month, if that's
> any help. If you want copies of config files (the eeepc is running
> xubuntu) let me know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sam

Anything would be helpful.  I'm hoping that I can get the old LG phone
working with a USB cable to my laptop which will save me £50 on a new phone.

I guess it's one of those chicken and egg situations, I want to give it
a try but I don't want to fork out lots of money on the off chance it
won't work :-)

Rob