[LUG] 3 Mobile Broadband was Re: Interesting way of stopping your neighbours stealing your internet...

Samuel Toogood wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I came across this whilst searching for information about using a 3
>> Skypephone with an EeePC for wireless internet access.
>>
>> It's not what I was looking for but very funny.
>>
>> I wonder if I can impliment this at home...
>>
>> http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html
>>
>> Rob
>>
> Yes, I've seen that before. Almost makes me want someone to try and
> steal ours. Incidentally, did you find what you were looking for? I'm
> engaged in the same quest (more-or-less), and am failing at the
> chatscript level. Maybe we could collaborate.
>
> Sam

I haven't got as far as getting a Skypephone yet.  I have an old LG
u8120 phone and 3 PAYG SIM card.  One of my dad's friends was looking
for something smaller than a laptop which she could use the internet and
Skype on.  I figured an Asus EeePC would probably be a good option.

Have you actually got a Skypephone?

I found this yesterday which might be of help:

http://davestevens.co.uk/blog/2008/01/03/3-skype-phone-as-bluetooth-modem-on-ubuntu-linux/

Rob