Re: [LUG] Problem pasting content from webpage into oOo: Ubuntu

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 01:02:16PM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:
> >
> First thing to do is clarify exactly what you did.
> What version of OO, what version of FF, take a copy of the offending
> webpage, and prove you can reproduce it reliably from the copy.
>
> Then see if you can reduce the problem to a simpler test case.
>
> For example is the table malformed.
> Does a simpler similarly malformed table produce the crash.
> Is it the macros?
> Does just the macro in a paste cause the issue.
>
> Whilst you can't expect too much if the table is not correctly
> marked-up, you shouldn't see a crash.
>
> Also check if it is a known bug!
>
> I've done a fair bit of cut and paste from Iceweasel to OO at times, and
> it just works, so might also be worth seeing if older versions of OO
> have the same problem.

Narrowed the problem down:

I have a file that will
-   Crash openoffice on Ubuntu 7.10, OpenOffice 2.3.0-1Ubuntu_5.3
-   Open on openoffice on Debian Etch, Openoffice 2.2.10

If I open it on Debian Etch and save it again in .odt format then it will open under
Ubuntu

Will crack open the file and see what there is in it

--
Henry
Tue Jan 22 15:42:26 GMT 2008