Re: [LUG] Problem pasting content from webpage into oOo: Ubuntu

Henry Bremridge wrote:

> Additional problem: I could not convert the oOo file to doc. However I think I
> found the problem
> - The tables in the document were basically tables within tables and some of the
> text was actually a table
> - There was a couple of sections within the document
> - There were a couple of 'macros' that were accidently copied into the document
> from the government side (commands to select the data from the overall database)

First thing to do is clarify exactly what you did.
What version of OO, what version of FF, take a copy of the offending
webpage, and prove you can reproduce it reliably from the copy.

Then see if you can reduce the problem to a simpler test case.

For example is the table malformed.
Does a simpler similarly malformed table produce the crash.
Is it the macros?
Does just the macro in a paste cause the issue.

Whilst you can't expect too much if the table is not correctly
marked-up, you shouldn't see a crash.

Also check if it is a known bug!

I've done a fair bit of cut and paste from Iceweasel to OO at times, and
it just works, so might also be worth seeing if older versions of OO
have the same problem.