[LUG] Problem pasting content from webpage into oOo: Ubuntu

On Ubuntu 7.10, my partner had been copying contents from firefox (tables, text from
a government/education website) into oOo (2.3), but then oOo crashed and would not
reload the document.

oOo did however thankfully save the crashed document into a folder of my choice

Here is where the fun starts

- oOo would not open the file (total size 35k)
- I could not insert the file into a fresh document (the insert went ok but then oOo
would crash)
- If I went back to one of the websites then:
    - I could copy some of the page
    - I could not copy/paste the whole page
    - If I saved the file as an html (size 55k) from firefox then I could open that
saved file in oOo

The resolution: copy the saved file across to debian and it opened fine...

Any ideas of how I can investigage this problem further before I write a bug report?

--
Henry
Tue Jan 22 10:17:01 GMT 2008