[LUG] ADSL broken

Hi

my adsl is down, so if people don't hear from me then thats why. I am
about to try 2x new filters to see if that is the cause,  it just went off
on friday morning which is the odd thing about it.

anyway good meeting friday night,

I seem to be getting both the lnk and act lights flashing, all the time,
which does seem odd,  if I am connected properly then the lnk light is on
and the act is usually flashing quite quickly (indicating there is
activity)

i tried what was suggested, but to no avail, (thats if I did it right)

Neigher XP or Linux can connect which almost rules of software issues.

I also tried an old connexant usb adsl modem,  in winxp,  that also has a
light for link,  which was on,  the software also indicated there was soem
sort of connection,  but there was no downlink activity,

I also booted a ubuntu disk,  which seems to fair better with the
connexant, however while support is there, it suggests following a link to
an external website to get help getting such modems working,  which given
i can't get online is a catch 22 for me at least.

anyway will sign off,  hopefully will be back on line this week sometime,

any other suggestions welcome.

Paul