Re: [LUG] OT now was Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 12:54 +0000, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:50:49 +0000
> james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello james,
>
> > My first forays into SF were with A E van Vogt - anyone remember the
> > Weapon Shops series?
>
> Not read much of his stuff.  My first reads were the likes of Asimov

And the whole Robots and Foundation series, with the ending (and
prelude) bringing the two apparently disparate threads together -
stupendous. Would that our politicians were as caring and visionary as
Daneel.
> and Clarke.
 Clarke - brilliant. The City and the Stars still is my favourite.
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk