Re: [LUG] Linux in Schools/Colleges/Unis - was: Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:51:06 +0000
Benjamin A'Lee <bma+lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Benjamin,

> As I understand it, the situation is that *any* machine that can run
> Windows needs to have a Windows licence, even if it doesn't run
> Windows.

> I assume this is because they believe every machine that can run
> Windows will end up running Windows, because who would want to run

No, it's because Micro$oft are very good at getting such clauses into
contracts, and the UK civil servants that worked on this contract are
particularly good at not noticing the significance of such clauses.

--
 Regards  _

What will you do when the gas taps turn?
The Gasman Cometh - Crass