Re: [LUG] Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

On 16/01/08 15:35:46, Viv wrote:
> > We don't seem to have very many female members.

I reckon we just have more male geeks than female.  It's back to the book "Men
are from Mars, women are from Venus".  We don't think the same, in my
experience.  On the other hand, the majority of blokes can't be bothered
either.

My wife whitters at my insistence on linux and she has no interest in techy
things. As I get older I find it harder to whip up the enthusiasm for delving
into guts of things.  It connects with the other thread on PCLinuxOS.  People
go for that because it generally does work out of the box.  I use PCLOS and
Mepis.  PCLOS is rather easier to configure but doesn't support 64 bit.  I
was nervous at first that it uses RPM rather than APT but after a while who
cares?

What is more important to care about is getting people away from MS.  They say
why bother? But it's the same as shopping at Tesco's.  The goods are cheap
but what happens in the background to make them so?

Anyone seen my pills?

George