Re: [LUG] PCLinuxOS Was: Some small linux's briefly reviewed

David Bell wrote:

> I'm in the process of downloading the pclinuxos-minime-2008.iso and will give
> it a try tomorrow.  According to the blurb, one can search for other
> installed OS's post install.  Let's hope it finds Etch this time!
>
> KMail/Kontact aren't listed separately and are normally included in one of the
> KDE packages - will check.

I installed PCLinuxOS 2008 "minime" a couple of days ago on an older box
and I have to say it works a treat....I think you will be impressed.

As the name suggests, its a minimal install...the live cd is less than
300 megs but the beauty of it is that you can tailor it precisely to
your own requirements....all the software you are going to need is
easily accessed via synaptic using the very comprehensive repositories.

There are also a couple of very useful items in the utilities folder for
installing graphics drivers and you can make a live cd from your
configuration which will mirror it.

regards,
Steve