Re: [LUG] Backup strategy

Richard Brown wrote:
> This is an interesting solution. The only problem I see with it is
> that we are still relying on the Buffalo server to do the backing up.
> Or can this device be asked to do a backup. Is it possible to ask it
> to pull files from the server and put them into the caddy please? Even
> better can it do it incrementally?
>
> Thanks.
Hi Richard,

It is purely a storage device for the data, however as a network drive,
could all the employees not be assigned a partition/folder on it and
save all their work directly to it?  Failing that, you would still be
relying on either the individual PCs backing up to the HD or the server
doing the job.

Kind regards,

Julian