Re: [LUG] slow flash sound

Steve Marvell wrote:

> It seems other have had this online but no solutions.
>
> Any ideas?

Slow choppy sound - almost always a mixed sound config.

i.e. Some applications using sound systems other than ALSA.

Not always easy to fix, but usually it doesn't take much imagination to
figure out what might be using the sound card, and check it is set to
ALSA and not OSS, or similar. Also check for running sound daemons from
earlier days of Linux sound architecture, some desktops seem to insist
on firing one of these up to break an otherwise perfectly good sound config.

No idea what the non-free flash plugin does - I get great sound with the
free plug-ins, but I still get the odd glitch or hang in video when
playing movies, and the YouTube interface is pretty limited
functionality wise.

 Simon