Re: [LUG] OT: apparently linux depends on windows and piracy. yar!

I don't normally say something like this but Oh My God!!!!! How old is
this person. Eveything has an s on the end, softwares, says the Linux, I
am now a Marxist.

Where did this 'person' come from. I didn't realise that page is actually
just a collection of his qutoes.

> On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 21:43 +0000, Michael Mortimore wrote:
>> A page of interesting things said by Jerry Lee Cooper (whoever that is)
>>
>> http://rixstep.com/1/1/20070724,00.shtml
>>
>> from the page:
>> "Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows
>> underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any
>> drivers, and without any services ?
>> That sounds preposterous to me."
>
> This is a load of laughs.
>
> I quote from a page entitled
> The Rat of Cat of Dog of Bride of Son of JerryLeeCooper
>
> This is a load of laughs.
>

> In this environment of lawless anarchy, it is no surprise to find that
> the Linux is right at home, and growing - in the same way that a wurm
> grows fat and gluttonous when placed in a dark and damp environment full
> of refuse and the despondent cast off's of a wealthy society.
>
> I am not alone in my beliefs that even in this dreadful situation, the
> Linux represents a growing market for the softwares. Microsoft has tried
> for years to offer their superior office suites and internet products to
> markets outside of the Vista, with little success.
>
> And yet, this is a difficult exersize. Linux represents the old school,
> with its mainframe like interface, and arcane secret programming
> languages. Porting the softwares to this platform involves hiring the
> hippies who understand this obtuse environment. These people are
> typically unreliable, and have difficulty living wth the regular 9-5
> work ethic. They believe in intellectual property theft, free love,
> substance abuse, and marxism.
>
> Microsoft has solved these issues in one brilliant sweep by paying cash
> for access to these Linux secrets, by making these cross patent deals
> with the linux 'Vendors'. This will allow for the interoperability that
> the corporations so dearly wish for - the ability to run the Microsoft
> Office, and the IE7, as well as the Vista on top of this growing but
> amorphous mass known as 'The Linux'.
>
> In a short time we will all soon see the benefits of these cross
> licencing deals, and the softwares will expand out their user bases and
> be seen everywhere. Even the most die hard linux afficionado with matted
> hair and a red armband will salivate at the prospect of being able to
> run the IE7 on his precious linux.
>>
> --
> james kilty
> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk
>

> --

Dave.
Web Developer
http://www.dave-wright.co.uk
http://www.freesoftwarelinks.co.uk
Friends and family web hosting for £30/year