Re: [LUG] ADSL sucking in Truro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Trevena" <aaron.trevena@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [LUG] ADSL sucking in Truro

> On 03/01/2008, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Apparently the Truro exchange is "congested" and due an upgrade on
>> > 20th December 2007 -   grrrh!

To be honest, the adsl connection I use at work,  currently showing this
sync rate
near-end interleaved channel bit rate: 6144 kbps is working well at the
speeds
I would expect on this line. (This line is to shortlanesend rather than
threemilestone)
I certainly havent noticed any slowdown.   (ISP is entanet)

>> > This is really starting to get on my wick - I work from home and it's
>> > really affecting my ability to do anything, incredibly fraustrating.
>> >
>> 20th December 2007, so its already been upgraded then
>
> Ha ha, very funny, not.

If you look at the plusnet's usertools you can check the congested status.
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Truro&exact=1018&plugin=vp

It shows there was a problem, but currently green.

> Apparently there aren't any current plans to, despite it being congested.
>
> For added bonus happy fun, apparently if I want anything escalated I
> have to cover the cost of the BT engineers - why the hell don't BT
> actually cover the cost of actually pro-actively checking their
> exchanges aren't broken or congested? Apparently I need to go and buy
> another router (maybe I should be a couple of different new ones to be
> on the safe side) to rule out problems with my hardware.
>
>>>From all previous dealings with BT both professionally and at home,
> their business model seems to rest on charging money for old copper
> laid down 30 or more years ago, and then charging you again to
> maintain it.

I know things are working fine for myself at work,  but I do know of
people in the truro/threemilestone areas that are complaining about their
speeds but these people are either using Tiscali (or one of their resellers)
or TalkTalk.

Andrew

believed to be clean.