Re: [LUG] ADSL sucking in Truro

On 03/01/2008, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Apparently the Truro exchange is "congested" and due an upgrade on
> > 20th December 2007 -   grrrh!
> >
> > This is really starting to get on my wick - I work from home and it's
> > really affecting my ability to do anything, incredibly fraustrating.
> >
> 20th December 2007, so its already been upgraded then

Ha ha, very funny, not.

Apparently there aren't any current plans to, despite it being congested.

For added bonus happy fun, apparently if I want anything escalated I
have to cover the cost of the BT engineers - why the hell don't BT
actually cover the cost of actually pro-actively checking their
exchanges aren't broken or congested? Apparently I need to go and buy
another router (maybe I should be a couple of different new ones to be
on the safe side) to rule out problems with my hardware.

>>From all previous dealings with BT both professionally and at home,
their business model seems to rest on charging money for old copper
laid down 30 or more years ago, and then charging you again to
maintain it.

Hateful scum.

A.

--