Re: [LUG] Asus eee pc 701 - Review

Simon Williams wrote:
> Anton Channing wrote:
>> It turns on incredibly fast.  And it powers down even faster.  Great for
>> on the move.
>
> Do you mean suspend-to-RAM (sleep), suspend-to-disk (hibernate), or true
> power off?

True power off.  I haven't tried sleep or hibernate yet.
It simply is a speedy bootup and shut down.

> My laptop will go to or come back from sleep in 2 seconds.

I've seen them do that, but I'm talking a full power
down.

>> It comes with one battery pack.  I haven't yet checked the price and
>> availability of spares, but the fact its a detachable battery and not
>> inbuilt looks promising.
>
> Only if you can change the battery whilst it's suspended (to-RAM), which
> you can't on most laptops. If it really does hibernate in under 10
> seconds then it might be ok.

Since it gives warning when the battery gets low,
I'm guess its simply a matter of saving unsaved work,
powering down, and changing the battery.  With this
machine that's not a big task.

Anton