Re: [LUG] Asus eee pc 701 - Review

Anton Channing wrote:
> It turns on incredibly fast.  And it powers down even faster.  Great for
> on the move.

Do you mean suspend-to-RAM (sleep), suspend-to-disk (hibernate), or true
power off?
My laptop will go to or come back from sleep in 2 seconds.

> Especially since my PC at work running XP takes at least
> 5 minutes to boot.  The eee takes more like 10 seconds at the most.

Sounds a bit like hibernation to me, rather than true power-off, but I
could be wrong.

> It comes with one battery pack.  I haven't yet checked the price and
> availability of spares, but the fact its a detachable battery and not
> inbuilt looks promising.

Only if you can change the battery whilst it's suspended (to-RAM), which
you can't on most laptops. If it really does hibernate in under 10
seconds then it might be ok.