Re: [LUG] Computer Active Linux Special

james kilty wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 11:33 +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>

>> "These products are licensed for personal use on only one PC at a time.
>> You may not rent or lease or resell products contained on this CD or use
>> them for public performance."
>>
> My guess is that it is a standard message from the parent company that
> also deals with Windows mags - there are other messages which point to
> the same magazine compiling error - blanket ads for example. Perhaps a
> quiet word with them would sort it out.

I agree I have seen this before, it seems to be the usual standard
copyright notice,  However surely the cd would have the GPL and other
licences which would contradict,  The same seems to happen when they
give away  openoffice.org or other free software on cover cd's along
with non free software,  it ends up being covered under the same
copyright notice, even though openoffice.org is free software.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug