Re: [LUG] Asus eee pc 701 - Review

Anton Channing wrote:
> I've had my eee for a few days now and have begun to explore all of its
> features and so have decided to write a short review of my findings.
>
> Power -
> It turns on incredibly fast.  And it powers down even faster.  Great for
> on the move.  Especially since my PC at work running XP takes at least
> 5 minutes to boot.  The eee takes more like 10 seconds at the most.
> It comes with one battery pack.  I haven't yet checked the price and
> availability of spares, but the fact its a detachable battery and not
> inbuilt looks promising.
Great review... thanks :)

Battery:

http://www.clove.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?category=36AD5E0B-23D3-442E-B59B-3804500ACBDA&product=4A22DEF2-F173-4680-8604-E19E1AF89E1D

If the link doesn't work go to www.clove.co.uk and follow Homepage
<http://www.clove.co.uk/index.aspx> PDA Accessories
<http://www.clove.co.uk/category.aspx?category=6930BE89-5232-4F7E-8063-59310F4EE276>
 ASUS
<http://www.clove.co.uk/category.aspx?category=F9B25BBB-6BBF-483B-A47A-7C641A10CA11>
 ASUS
EEE PC
<http://www.clove.co.uk/category.aspx?category=36AD5E0B-23D3-442E-B59B-3804500ACBDA>

£47 inc VAT (pre-order so doesn't look like they have stock yet).  Great
price for a battery :)

This is the 5500mA battery - I don't know what ships as standard.

Doesn't look like they do a separate charger (yet) so you'd have to
charge it in the machine at home.  They do an AC adaptor though so that
should work well.

There's a nice leather case to protect it for example which looks useful
and some other bits and pieces.

What actually comes with it, aside from the laptop itself?

Kind regards,

Julian