Re: [LUG] Acer linux machines...

On Dec 4, 2007 12:23 PM, Darren Foster <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ello Peeps,

Thought you might like to know about this. I use Ingram micro as a supplier and they have just been in touch offering me Acer desktops and laptops with linux installed for about £50 less than the windows versions. Hopefully see a few more of these in the shops or through online retailers soon. Although they dont state the flavour of linux....

Regards,
--
Darren Foster
The Computer Geek!

Thank me here :- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/3UV16BF5MTAS6

This email is intended for the recipient only. If you receive this in error please delete from your system and notify us accordingly. Our messages are scanned for viruses but we accept no liability for any viruses which may be transmitted with this message.

I have an acer laptop aspire 5000 and the wireless is windows only.  They don't have the best record for open drivers, so try not to let the price woo you too much.  Myabe this has changed in the past 6 months?