Re: [LUG] OT: Flat screen monitors (Staples)

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 22:52:09 +0000
Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Julian,

> Hasn't UK law said for many years now that all electrical items MUST
> be sold with a moulded plug?

I'm not sure what the wording is, but a moulded plug is not, AIUI a
requirement.  It must be fitted with a plug, however.  In any event,
this drill did have a moulded plug.  Just not a UK one.   :-)

As fitting the supplied adaptor was pretty much fool-proof, I think
they can get away with it.

> Yet another black mark.

The trouble with the law is that, quite often, the letter and the
spirit don't match well, if at all.  Usually because the people that
pass the laws have little or no understanding of the issues they're
legislating on.

> > I never included them in the first place.   :-)
> I included them as Nature always sides with the hidden flaw ;)

Ah, you're a "glass half empty" man, then.   :-)

--
 Regards  _

It's only the children of the ------- wealthy tend to be good looking
Ugly - The Stranglers