Re: [LUG] OT: Flat screen monitors (Staples)

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 08:54:01 +0000
> Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Tom,
>
>> I bet we could import 12 of those monitors from the US, pay all the
>> necessary taxes etc and still get 10 at 2/3 the current UK price and
>
> But they'd still need step down transformers, to drop our 240V to the
> 110V they use.  That would probably wipe any saving out.

Or they could support dual voltages, I wouldn't be surprised if that's
the case, then one monitor could cover all countries with just a
different power cable bundled in for the country's socket type.

My monitor for instance support 50/60Hz 100 to 240 volts and has a
standard IEC connector (kettle lead type) on the power supply.

Rob