Re: [LUG] OT: Flat screen monitors (Staples)

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:20:22 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Rob,

> Or they could support dual voltages, I wouldn't be surprised if

They could.  I have seen CRT models that were dual voltage but so far,
not an LCD one.

Same goes for PC PSUs, too.  It can be a quite spectacular bang if
they're set for 110V, and 240 is applied.  Although it's possible to
get PSUs that support both without the need for switching as it's all
handled internally.

--
 Regards  _

What will you do when the gas taps turn?
The Gasman Cometh - Crass