Re: [LUG] Credit scoring (was Re: Identity theft (continuing topic))

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 12:40:54PM +0000, Clare Shepherd wrote:
> > I agree with Tom, it's not as if the credit giving companies are
> > making massive losses, and where they are (mortgage debacle) then
> > that's their own fault and a risk of trading. These bodies, banks,
> > insurance companies etc. all seem to think
> > we should pay for their mistakes.

a) Experian et al are not credit giving companies

b) Without Experian et al, the credit providers would simply pass on
   the costs rather than absorbing the loss.

so who is your beef really with?  In your text above none of it is
attributable to credit scoring services, it's just a general rant so
I'm not clear how you can "agree with Tom" when the thread is
actually about credit scoring.

No argument from me that there are some shocking practices in the
credit industry.  Excessive government intervention in (what are
supposed to be) free markets also has its problems though.. it's
another topic.

Cheers,
Andy