Re: [LUG] OOo base and jdbc connector

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 23:33 +0000, Kevin Lucas wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 November 2007 16:59, Kevin Lucas wrote:
> >
> > > Has any one had experience of the Mysql connector in OOo?
> > > I have a win2000 machine that has used this reliably for three years or
> > > more and now want to set it up on a Fedora c7 machine.
> > >
> > > I have followed the Tools/options/Java java class and set the path to
> > > several different java connectors. restarted OOo  and restarted the
> > > machine but when I get to testing the java class in the db setup
> > > "Wizard" it replies "Java class could not be loaded".   I dont know how
> > > to check the Java runtime is correctly set up but I have jre 1.6.0_03
> > > installed.
> > >
> I have set Three Classes the JDBC
> driver fails? each time.
> I have two jre installed none seem to work so I feel my JRE
> environment is wrong? Is there any way of testing it?
>
> Kevin.

Hi,

just tried this with:

Ubuntu Gutsy
OpenOffice.org 2.3
mysql-connector 3.1.12

followed the procedure outlined at

http://rpbouman.blogspot.com/2006/12/mysql-meets-openofficeorg.html

 - which worked like a charm.

I assume OpenOffice is showing your JRE correctly, and that it's
selected.  What version of connector/J are you using?

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/3.1.html

You must have the right driver class (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver) if it was
working under Windows... I've done this before a couple of years ago and
never had any such problems.

What jdbc drivers were you trying?

Does the java environment otherwise seem OK?