Re: [LUG] OOo base and jdbc connector

Tom Potts wrote:
On Saturday 24 November 2007 16:59, Kevin Lucas wrote:

Has any one had experience of the Mysql connector in OOo?
I have a win2000 machine that has used this reliably for three years or
more and now want to set it up on a Fedora c7 machine.

I have followed the Tools/options/Java java class and set the path to
several different java connectors. restarted OOo  and restarted the
machine but when I get to testing the java class in the db setup
"Wizard" it replies "Java class could not be loaded".   I dont know how
to check the Java runtime is correctly set up but I have jre 1.6.0_03
installed.

Any pointers would be appreciated

Try Tools/Options/OpenOffice.org/Java you can configure it if necessary from
there.
Tom te tom te tom

Kevin

Yep tried that but even though I have set Three Classes the JDBC driver fails? each time.
I have two jre installed none seem to work so I feel my JRE environment is wrong? Is there any way of testing it?

Kevin.