[LUG] OOo base and jdbc connector

Has any one had experience of the Mysql connector in OOo?
I have a win2000 machine that has used this reliably for three years or
more and now want to set it up on a Fedora c7 machine.

I have followed the Tools/options/Java java class and set the path to
several different java connectors. restarted OOo  and restarted the
machine but when I get to testing the java class in the db setup
"Wizard" it replies "Java class could not be loaded".   I dont know how
to check the Java runtime is correctly set up but I have jre 1.6.0_03
installed.

Any pointers would be appreciated
Kevin