Re: [LUG] Issue with Newnet - Can ISP's change service once you have paid ?

Neil Stone wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>> Julian Hall wrote:
>>>>
>>> http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=2
>>>
>>> Virginmedia does a 2Mb package for £18 pcm or £25 for 4Mb.  There is
>>> also a 20Mb package for £37pcm, but that's probably more than you want :)
>>>
>>> None of these have any download limit.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Julian
>>>

>> Nope, just a fair usage policy were if you download more than they want
>> they restrict your speed for 4 hours.  20Mbit though... nice :-)
>>
>> Rob
>>

> And the host mirror servers for Gentoo, Ubuntu and Debian.. (probably
> more too)

Now that is a benefit.  A mate of mine who runs Vista can download
Ubuntu really quickly now, sods law he won't use it even though he has
it on his PC (dual booting with Vista).  He'd rather use his 20Mbit
connection for web browsing and chatting on MSN (yes, I know, why does
he need 20Mbit for that?1?!?).

Rob