Re: [LUG] Pruning discovery!!

James Fidell wrote:
> james kilty wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 16:53 +0000, James Fidell wrote:
>>>  a relatively complex bit of software to get
>>> installed and working, so probably not for the faint of heart.
>> Is this something you can dmonstrate in a GLUG meeting some time?
>
> Probably unlikely on my own hardware, since the server with my tuners
> in is large, doing loads of stuff and in a rack in the cellar.  I
> can't even show the bits that don't require a television signal on my
> laptop atm as I'm fighting Fedora 8 on that.  (Hint for anyone
> considering installing Fedora 8: Don't.)
>
> Since Rob Beard mentioned it, if someone has a box with a tuner card in
> then MythDora/Mythbuntu/Knoppmyth could be worth a try.
>
> James

Has anyone got a USB DVB-T stick they could bring along?  That combined
with a laptop might work at a meeting.

You can get an idea of what LinuxMCE is like by watching the video which
is linked here: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Video

I like the look of LinuxMCE (especially the 15" TFT with monitor mounted
PC on the back!), oh and the Wii type remote control that responds to
movement.  Pretty pricey though for the remote.

Rob