Re: [LUG] Issue with Newnet - Can ISP's change service once you have paid ?

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 19:08 +0000, Clare Shepherd wrote:
> On 19 Nov 2007, at 18:36, viv wrote:

> >> Sounds about the same sort of price as UKFSN, and thats a monthly
> >> cost.
> >>   UKFSN would give you 30GB peak and 300GB off peak for £19.99 a
> >> month
> >> and you don't have to pay up front to get them prices.
> >>
> >> Might be worth considering when your year is up.
> >>
> >> Rob
> >>
> > Thanks Rob - I will. I have kept the link. I didn't realise that UKFSN
> > were such good value for money. I thought NewNet were quite cheap
> > because previously I had been with Zen Internet - £24.99 a month for a
> > similar service although I did only pay monthly.
> >

> > --
>
> Even BT does a £19.99 per month deal.
> Clare

Hi Clare,

When I was evaluating the ISP's, I was not just considering cost. I was
also looking at what their customers were saying about them. Zen
Internet have alweays been more expensive than the rest but, provide a
very good service. Newnet have a similar reputation but, were cheaper,
hence why I picked them. A number of the cheaper ISP's have had some
appalling customer feedback (such as Tiscali and Plusnet). Those, I
avoided.

Viv