[LUG] Issue with Newnet - Can ISP's change service once you have paid ?

I would like to know what you think ? For the first time, I paid 1 year
in advance when I migrated to Newnet last month - because it cost £2.00
less per month, if I did and made it a good deal.

Now Newnet have said that they are going to reduce the monthly download
limit from 25gb per month to 20 gb per month from Jan 2008. To keep the
same download limit, I would have to pay an additional £6.75 per month.

I have now paid in advance until Sept 2008 and am tied into this service
until then.

I fully accept that an ISP can increase prices etc. but, do they not
have to honour existing agreements where fees have been paid in
advance ?

I have emailed them to say I am not happy about this (and explained why)
but, am not sure if there is anything that I can do.

You thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Viv