Re: [LUG] OT: Lax Bureaucracy [Was Re: TV Licensing]

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 November 2007 10:39, Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> Tom Potts wrote:

>>> I have to confess (with some glee) to the only time I've ever been
>>> applauded in public:
>>> I had spent 20 minutes driving around the sainsbury car park in Ipswich
>>> on a blisteringly hot day and finally found a parking space. As I was
>>> about to enter a blonde in a porche 911 shot into a disabled parking bay
>>> and ran into the shop. I lost it and let two of her tyres down and stood
>>> up to a round of applause from about a dozen other sweaty shoppers.
>>> Not to be encouraged but the best fun I'd had for a long while.
>>> Of course my motives were completely wrong and I should be ashamed of
>>> myself but.....
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>>>
>> On the contrary,  this country needs people to be unafriaid to make a
>> stand,  after all what she going to do report the incident to the police.
>>
>> possibe senario
>>
>> blonde, I was parked in the space for a few minutes while I went to the
>> shop officer : are you disabled, as its a disabled space
>> bloned: no, but
>> officer:: well in that case I have to give you 3 points,  you know full
>> well it was a disabled space,  its well marked,  so its 3 points for
>> you  madam
>> bloned : i didn't see the sign
>>
> I think Sainsburys might count as private property?
> Alas!
> Tom te tom te tom
>
>> Paul
>>
>> --
>>
>> Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
>> as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org
>>
>> Events
>> 11th November. Penzance Computers meet
>> Lostwithel meeting part 2, - watch this space.
>> details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.
>> visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug

Private car parks such as Sainsbury's are indeed excluded from the usual
legal provisions of disabled car parking

I asked my MP to raise this issue with the Dept of Transport and it is
down to the individual land owner's eg Sainsbury's to enforce or not
their own rules