Re: [LUG] Cost of using Windows in local government

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> Section 43 - commercial interests
>
> This section exempts information whose disclosure would be likely to prejudice the
> commercial interests of any person. It also includes a specific exemption for
> trade secrets.
>
> This exemption is public interest tested.
Is it just my suspicious nature that read that last part as:

'This exemption is in place because we found out the public would be
interested'

Put another way, 'we *tested* and found the *public* had an *interest*
so we *exempted* it to avoid having to answer awkward questions'.

BTW, is 'person' in this context an individual or corporate body?  If
the former, are they saying 'it's exempt to keep Bill Gates happy'?

Kind regards,

Julian