Re: [LUG] Cost of using Windows in local government

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 08:20:30AM +0000, john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Posted by "John Hansen" <john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> I wonder if it is possible to establish how much local governments in Devon and
> Cornwall spend annually on Microsoft products and licenses.

Thank you for reminding me: I have a freedom on information request out to Devon
county Council asking for any information regarding business cases review on the
move to OpenSource software

I believe (but do not know) that the Government can refuse to provide information
that is commercially sensitive: and costs per license would probably come under that
category. Total Microsoft licenses probably not

--
Henry
Tue Nov 13 09:21:43 GMT 2007