Re: [LUG] Video recording - motion detect

David Johnson wrote:
> On Saturday 03 November 2007 11:17:54 Rob Beard wrote:
>> It does however need a quick ish PC, something at least about 1GHz
>> upwards, ideally I'd say nearer 1.5GHz upwards.
>>

> Depends what you want to do with it. I've had it running on a 266MHz NSLU2,
> grabbing JPEGs from a USB webcam and providing a constantly-refreshing stream
> via the built-in web server.
>
> Regards,
> David.

I was trying to do motion capture to MPEG4 video, which I guess uses a
bit more CPU power.

Really is a useful program though, before I found motion I found some
really big complicated package which has it's own web interface and
needed MySQL installed etc.

Rob