Re: [LUG] GnuCashConverters

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007 13:47, Ben Goodger wrote:
>
>> On 31/10/2007, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Having gone blind using my computer - gnucash accounts this time - I need
>>> convert them to something the 'real' world can use.
>>> I've tried GnuCashtoQif which seems to work for a QIF file which you can
>>> headbut into KMyMoney OK but not sure my accountant is reading it
>>> properly...
>>> Anyone know of other converters to other formats?
>>>
>> I'll preinterrupt Neil's rambling rant about QIF: it's bloody awful.
>> What exactly is wrong with GnuCash today?
>>
> My accountant doesnt use it!
> Tom te tom te tom

Tom I have used GnuCash for our Res. Ass. accounts and exported the
results to my web based MySql/php system by using the reports section of
GnuCash,  Select the report you need, then I exported it to a HTML
file.  Then Ctrl A the lot and past in Gedit.

I had to find/ replace the £ symbol with &pound: and put tabs or commas
to make it as a csv. the insert the file in OoCalc.  Simplistic I know.
Also I think GnuCash exports to a postscript file, I have recovered text
using Adobe reader just by select "text" from document!

*As an aside regarding going blind!

I have just found that if you want to "Zoom" in on small text in your
browser (firefox or mozilla) press the Ctrl and touch the + button (no
shift needed) zoomsin!   as you would guess Ctrl _ zooms back out
again.  No visit to Specsavers needed

Rregards  Kevin.
*