Re: [LUG] GnuCashConverters

Tom Potts wrote:
On Wednesday 31 October 2007 13:47, Ben Goodger wrote:

On 31/10/2007, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Having gone blind using my computer - gnucash accounts this time - I need
convert them to something the 'real' world can use.
I've tried GnuCashtoQif which seems to work for a QIF file which you can
headbut into KMyMoney OK but not sure my accountant is reading it
properly...
Anyone know of other converters to other formats?

I'll preinterrupt Neil's rambling rant about QIF: it's bloody awful.
What exactly is wrong with GnuCash today?

My accountant doesnt use it!
Tom te tom te tom

Tom I have used GnuCash for our Res. Ass. accounts and exported the results to my web based MySql/php system by using the reports section of GnuCash,  Select the report you need, then I exported it to a HTML file.  Then Ctrl A the lot and past in Gedit.

I had to find/ replace the £ symbol with &pound: and put tabs or commas to make it as a csv. the insert the file in OoCalc.  Simplistic I know. Also I think GnuCash exports to a postscript file, I have recovered text using Adobe reader just by select "text" from document!

As an aside regarding going blind!

I have just found that if you want to "Zoom" in on small text in your browser (firefox or mozilla) press the Ctrl and touch the + button (no shift needed) zoomsin!   as you would guess Ctrl _ zooms back out again.  No visit to Specsavers needed

Rregards  Kevin.