[LUG] "Bloody' Microsoft

Hi All

I'm a thief and a crook and you need to arrest me now! That's how
Microsoft reads this bloody silly situation.

Please forgive my swearing but I have just spent a fairly stupid day
and a half trying to fix a stupid stupid piece of software called XP
only to discover when I call MS that I am a thief and a crook.

It all comes down to the fact that xp licences are tied to the disk
you use to install them with. My mates hard drive went and so he says,
"Can you help?" "Yes no worries" - pull out old hard drive wack in
new. "Have you got your xp disk?" I ask. "No I haven't", he says.
"Don't worry I have a copy", I innocently reply.

Basically the xp licence refers to the xp disk and vice versa and so
when I went to validate it wouldn't let me. It kept saying this is not
validated, do you want to validate. Click yes and then it would say
this product is already validated. Endless loop of mindless nothing.

Doom to Microsoft for the ultimate in rubbish. I buy a licence but I
can't use it on another hard drive in the same computer because they
are a bunch of prats.

And after all this the said mate won't install Linux. He would rather
go and buy another ms product!
--
Kind regards
Rich