Re: [LUG] "Bloody' Microsoft

Richard Brown wrote:
> Basically the xp licence refers to the xp disk and vice versa and so
> when I went to validate it wouldn't let me. It kept saying this is not
> validated, do you want to validate. Click yes and then it would say
> this product is already validated. Endless loop of mindless nothing.
 Friend of mine had this... she rang MS explained she had to replace the
HD and was told 'No problem here's your new license key'.  Normally I
would never in my worst nightmare have anything nice to say about MS,
but in this case they did what they said on the tin.

As for your mate going out to buy a new copy, in Tech Support we'd refer
to that as a 'one dee ten tee' situation.

BTW you're supposed to be able to validate each copy 5 times without
needing to call them.

Kind regards,

Julian